Thursday, January 28, 2010

Jambi

It seems like so long since I've written, but there really isn't very much 'news worthy' stuff going on here. At least nothing to blog about!
Our family news? Matt's decided to play the Bassoon, which is interesting and unique and I'm proud of him for taking this on. Bassoon. I keep saying Bazooka but it's ticking him off so I have to say Bassoon now. He's still in hip hop after school, and is working out at the gym now and then. He's still skinny like his parents were in high school but he's got this mini six pack starting up. Is that weird to write on a blog? LOL.

Abby's big grade 6 "Exhibition" assignment is looming and it's considered the biggest project in all of junior (elementary) school. I'm not worried about her not doing well; sometimes our concern is that she's doing too much homework, but I've noticed she's mellowed out a little, so there's hope! There is fun in her future!

Tris still loves his job. His shoulder is now strong and his arms are once again the same size, although with all the working out he's been doing his arms have probably increased in size since last summer. I'm not complaining. He looks great!

I've enrolled in my masters and now I'm UNenrolling. There were a lot of red flags with this particular university, and instead of going away they got bigger once I enrolled (and paid). So, although it makes me eat humble pie, I have to swallow my pride and keep looking. Maybe a masters isn't what I'm supposed to do. Only God knows. However, I'm constantly looking for a way to use my time most productively (not the WASP work-ethic productively, but eternally productively) and so I have some volunteer stuff ahead I'd like to dive into more now that my schedule has 'opened up.' It also leaves me more time in case visitors come...

Which leads me to the next thing...Rebecca McMillan arrives next Tuesday, and will be here for almost 3 weeks! Needless to say I am very excited and am looking forward to seeing her. I'm also looking forward to the ketchup chips she's bringing JUST FOR ME. I'm not sure exactly what we'll do but I have plans. Many plans.

As for our gang, we are heading home for a visit and will land 2 days before my 40th birthday. What an incredible gift! Home! We arrive YVR June 13 and fly out again July 19. That's a nice holiday at home. Pray it isn't a rainy June...

I almost forgot, and it's today's title: I'm heading to Sumatra (left of Java on the map) in about an hour. My friend Janet Weeda is speaking at a nursing school conference, and I'm going along (I invited myself as tag-writer) just because. I love just because. We are only gone 2 nights but I'm sure there's lots to see in that short period.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kim!Getting updates on the Whites is such a big part of my internet experiences.Without you I know I would not be looking at this machine every day.I love you all to bits. Love Mom.

magicandmystery said...

awww, sorry to hear about the masters but excited you have more time for visitors! I can't believe how fast your kids are growing up. Its soo crazy.Can't wait to see you maybe I should start a countdown calendar!