Sunday, August 8, 2010

First Two Weeks of School

July 27 was the first day of school this year for Matthew and Abby. Even the third time around it's weird knowing that back in Canada, all our friends' kids are still on holidays. What's even weirder this time is that it was pretty cool in Canada while we were there (until the last week) and now we're hearing reports that there are over 400 forest fires in British Columbia, our home province. Weather can change so quickly! Not only can weather change, but as these photos prove, so do children.

As I do every year, on 27 July I pulled out my camera to capture that bittersweet first morning of school. If you'll notice, not only
has Abby's uniform changed from last summer (she's now in Senior School)
but our front door has shrunk drastically. It's amazing how much your children can change in one year. Just for fun I've included the photo of our first year here...TWO years makes a huge difference. I think that maybe Tris has shrunk a little around the middle since our first few days here as well.

Our first two weeks have been very full and we've whipped

into the swing of things quite well. Tris is coaching rugby and Matt has joined rugby as well. This is special for me because when I was in Junior High my dad was a "rugger"
coach and my older brother Darren played. Of course at that age I couldn't care less about rugby (was more interested in the players) but I still love that there's a second generation of father/son in the game. I regret that my dad won't be able to watch the games but I can at least keep him updated with photos.

Abby's waiting for basketball in January and right now is joining the Glee Club, which is just like the show: singing/choir and dancing. Matt is also joining, but both of them are not crazy about the name BECAUSE of the show. Our school no longer has a separate choir or hip hop club and Glee Club is their option. Either way, they get to sing and dance. Photos to follow, I'm sure.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: