Monday, September 20, 2010

301st Post...Year 3 has begun!

I can't believe it...we've entered into our 3rd year here in Indonesia, and I've written over 300 blog posts. For some of you, that many words coming out of me comes as no surprise, but I didn't think I'd last more than a few months. I figured I'd run out of interesting topics early in the game, but as life goes on, so does blogging.

Our family, and our SPH community, has just finished a 10 day holiday and today was the first day back to school. Many families went on vacation outside of our village but we opted to stay home and save money for our upcoming Germany trip. It's quite amazing, really, how nice it is just to stay home and be. Be. For Matt and Abby, that meant hanging with their friends (the ones who stayed home), watching tv, eating, helping me paint their rooms, and reading. Lots of reading. Being for Tris meant golfing as much as possible, watching tv, exercising with his lovely wife (tennis, biking and the gym mostly) and reading. And practicing golf swings wherever he went. I "be'd" by shopping for groceries, prepping and cooking in the kitchen, as well as baking for a variety of get-togethers over the holidays. I loved every minute of it, and although I missed Ami, our helper, Matt and Abby (and Tris, too), did their fair share of dishes to help me out. I did a lot of laundry, which, admittedly, I love to do, and Matt and I shared the ironing duties when necessary. The most productive part of the holidays was that I was able to paint the kids' rooms. After 2 years of begging for painted rooms, we relented and went ahead with it, even though you never know when the school will decide to move us into another home.
What is weird is that we took hardly any photos at all, so you'll have to take my word for it that we had a good time. We did go to our first Indonesian wedding, but even then I didn't have my camera (Tris made me leave it at home. It didn't match my dress). I'll have to get the photos from a friend before posting about it.

One last item that Tris is harping on me to write about (he's sitting right here) is that i rode an ojek today and as I was getting off it, I burned my leg quite badly (sort of) on the exhaust pipe. The bandage is huge, and everyone who has lived here for a while knows that when someone has a bandage on the inner calf, it means that you've burned yourself on an ojek. There you have it.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

magicandmystery said...

Wow!!!! 301 posts. Thats crazy. I hope to eventually reach that too! I too have burned myself on an exhaust pipe (but mine was on a friends car...a self installed tail pipe that stuck out further than normal). It lead to some nasty oozy blisters. yuck.