Friday, September 26, 2008

We're off!

It's 3:33 am, the muslim call is wailing through the air telling worshippers of Allah to wake up, make your breakfast, time to pray! My family is still asleep and I'll let them sleep for a few more minutes before I wake them up to get ready for the car and driver we've hired. He'll be here by 4:30 to drive us to the airport. By 10:30 am our time we'll be at the waterslides in Bali, where we're staying for 3 days (in the same area). After that we move onto someplace a little quieter for another 5 days.

What are we looking forward to? I'm so thankful my family gets a little rest; all 3 of them have been working very hard. Of course, I am looking forward to shopping, and I heard that we can hire a driver to take us to the mountains and see a waterfall. I think that's my heart's desire for this trip; if there's no waterfall this trip I'll work on that with my trip with mom and dad in January. Tris is totally stoked about the surfing...so is Matthew, too. Matt is looking forward to putting some great shots up on his blog, so I guess I have some photo-shooting to do while I'm there. Abby hasn't said much about what she's looking foward to; she just wants away from school and uniforms:) and is looking forward to getting away.

Not much to say except that sentimentality is ripe at 3:30 in the morning, and I miss my family and friends. I wish we could all have a reunion in Bali and eat, lay on the beach, shop (of course!), snorkel and body surf together.

Please pray for us...I always get a little anxious taking planes.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super excited for you, sad I can't go to the beach with you and take a picture of that waterfall. I just picked ten of my favorite pictures for our photography club. Quite fun!