Monday, November 9, 2009

Rainy Season















HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NATHANIEL!
Just a few posts ago I mentioned our niece, Lucy (BC) and our nephew, Tristian (Germany) and said that it was their birthdays. What makes me sad is I don't have very many updated photos (obviously, if I'm not there!) of all of the cousins who are growing so quickly. I do, however, have a very recent photo of my nephew Nathaniel (Germany), who turns 6 today. (Let me do the math this time...if he was born in 2003, he's turning 6). I am starting to feel a little old in that I can't remember all the birthdates of my relatives.

It sounds, literally, like we're in the middle of rainy season now. The thunderstorms are loud, window-shaking and incredible. It's not so fun if you live in a little plywood or tin shack, but when you live secure and comfortable in a cement home it is quite the thrill. We had one today while the kids were in school and I was at home working on a project.

Abby's waiting for the computer now (story of my life) and our rule is that homework takes priority. I do want to mention that the exciting news for me, and Tris, is that Tris is now able to do the front crawl and is almost up to a kilometer. That's pretty exciting news considering he was barely moving his arm 6 weeks ago.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: