Friday, February 4, 2011

Jenny Turns 40


It's a little late, a month really, but I just want to wish my sister-in-law, Jennifer (or German 'Jenny') a happy 40th birthday. We were able to celebrate a bit with her, but on her actual birthday we flew out of Munich and she was at home, probably washing all of the dirty laundry we left behind:) I'm hoping she was wearing her birthday tiara while doing so.

Jen is my husband's youngest sister, and I actually knew her before I met Tris. We met in Tijuana, Mexico and were bunkmates for a few weeks. It was also there that I met Tris, but that's a story for another time. What I think is neat is that Jen and I have officially known each

other for more than half of our lives. Don't think 'old'...think 'loyal.' Jen has lived in Germany for years now, and it had been at least 3 years since we'd seen her last. Going to Germany and spending time in her house was a blessing. We spent time walking, talking, shopping, folding laundry, wrapping Christmas

presents, cooking and of course, eating together. One of the ways that Jen blessed me was how she really went out of her way to meet our needs as guests. Sometimes I wasn't even sure if I'd said something out loud, like "I need a new towel" and before you know it, there was a fresh towel waiting for me. While in Germany, I took advantage of having a modern medical system available to me, and headed to the doctor for a few tests. For each test or appointment, Jen would work her schedule around my needs as best as she could, and would come along to translate (also, her husband Christian was just as willing and gracious to do the same, and drove us around to so many places at all hours!). Definitely the hostess with the mostess!

This is just a way of saying thank you for your hospitality, Jen, and I hope that the first month of your 40th birthday was as full and as blessed as you deserve. To Christian, happy January birthday as well. We really appreciate you both!

Thanks for reading.






No comments: