Friday, November 28, 2008

Sunsets DO exist

This week has been a little tough on Matthew. He went to school Monday, stayed home Tuesday, went back for a few hours on Wednesday and has been home ever since. He went from fever and a sore throat to coughing; hacking, actually. I think he's on the mend now. My body has been fighting something all week so I've been sleeping a lot. Yesterday we had a lazy 'movie' afternoon' with Dalenea and her two children. This is Matthew and Jayden watching The Pacifier. They were both pretty intrigued.

Last night we experienced something that rarely happens in Lippo...we had a sunset! I took a photo of it off of Matthew and Abby's balcony. Poor Matthew woke up after about a three hour nap and thought that it was a sunrise. I changed the setting on my camera and was able to capture two of the very few stars that we see in our Jakarta sky as well. I hope that you can see them in this photo. Unfortunately, you probably wouldn't see them in your night sky because we're in different hemispheres, so we can't gaze at the same stars.


Today was a very hot day, which is good because we had a crisp blue sky, but bad because you really don't want to be outside for more than a few minutes. I think that I got a little bit of a tan on the way to pick up Abby from school!

One of the neat things about such a day is that the smog clears and if you go up to a high place you can see the mountains. I went to the 4th floor to the library with my camera, but the mountains weren't quite "out" today. We have yet to see them clearly and apparently it only happens every so often, but I've given my handphone number to Ibu Risma, my librarian friend, and she's going to sms me when she sees the mountains next. When I do, I'll be sure to share the moment with you.

This is the statue that greets you when you enter the Junior School Lobby. It's life-sized and beautiful! It reminds me of something out of Narnia. What's a little intriguing is that the woman and her children are 'Bules', not Indonesian or Chinese.

I tried taking a few photos of our taman but they aren't as nice as I'd hoped. It was so bright! I'll try again some other, more cloudy day, but here's what one of my favourite scenes in our village is. It's the lane that leads to our house. If you turn left at the big tree in the left-hand corner, you'll get to the White house. This lane is so...ummm.. tropically inviting!



This is one of my heroes, one of the two street sweepers that came and killed the snake that was in our house. Not sure what his name is, but he's got such an awesome smile. He gladly posed today, but like I said, it was such a bright day that this photo is too shadowy. I'll do a re-take one day.

That's all I've got for photos. Let me know if there's something you'd really like to see.

Thanks for reading. God Bless You!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to a comment you left in my blog my page is now number two on the search engine when you search Meerkat poop coffee!!! I foudn this out becuase a stranger stumbled upon my page from searching for that!Just thought I would return the favor...now your page may be number 1....try it out!

Anonymous said...

ps...that was a google search by the way.

Anonymous said...

It was a miserable rainy day here today and as I drove kids to school I thought how in less than two weeks I will be in a bright hot place.Your pictures were very timely.Everything looked very inviting.Can't wait ! Love Mom.

Anonymous said...

Are you and Matthew feeling better?I'm on my way with the Buckleys'Sudafed and Neo-Citran.You'll be all ready for the next time.Hugs to all of you.Mom.