Sunday, February 8, 2009

Umbrellas in the Pool

Posts are fewer and further apart, not because we have forgotten, but because life has evened out at this point. This weekend is when the first of the car races has begun. It's not the Grand Prix; that's been postponed until November 2009. I think they are the same caliber of racers that bomb around the course at Saratoga. We could hear the cars/motorbikes racing from our house, and I remember now that I actually love the sound of cars racing, and I love the thrill of watching the race. We never did get to see the President of Indonesia; apparently he cancelled late last week. That was a little disappointing, but that seems to be the way the cookie crumbles around here.

We went to the school pool today, and a bunch of other families showed up as well. This is something I love about the community we are surrounded by. If you put the word out, you can pull some kind of gathering or party together in a matter of hours. What was funny about today (and I wish I had had my camera there) is that although it rained, everybody kept swimming. There was no thunder or lightening, so regardless of the rain, the fun still went on. I had chosen not to swim and so was in shorts and a top, sitting on a chair in the shallow end. It wasn't hot today, so I didn't need to cool down. I was just trying to avoid some nasty black and white ants that kept biting my feet! When it started raining I didn't want to get wet so we put up our umbrella. It was a funny photo-op, some of us sitting in the water with an umbrella. Or, maybe you just had to be there.

If there's anything you'd like to know about this place, our lives, the lives around us, please let us know.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: