Wednesday, December 9, 2009

He's Here!!!

Fisher Hayes Saxby, 7 lbs, 4 oz, arrived December 7, at around 6:30 pm. Hello Fisher! Mommy Tanya called my little brother (her husband) around 4 pm to say she was pretty sure she was in labour, and in a few short hours later (short for me...I wasn't there and didn't find out until it was over!) Fisher arrived. I've seen photos and I'm not sure it was Tanya who gave birth....she doesn't look like she'd just had a baby. Lucy and Elijah are over the moon, and now Eli thinks it's time for a dog. He's a little confused as well, because the baby came home today and Elijah wasn't sure why his parents weren't putting baby Fisher in the high chair to eat. This is gonna be good!

Last year I had only lived here for 5 months before Christmas arrived, and it was our first Christmas away from home. Although my parents were here, we weren't here on Christmas Day, and things were chopped up. This year I am feeling more settled and as much as I love and miss Canada, I can now call this place home, at least while we are here. It was so much easier to "create" the holiday season and today was the best day yet. I had our bible study girls over and when they arrived, the Christmas tree lights were on, the yule tide log was on the tv (gotta have a fire at Christmas time!!) and the smell of mulled apple cider was wafting through our house. Poinsettias scream Christmas, and so the one I have on the side table pulled "the look" together for me. Our place is small and we don't need many decorations; if I was to buy many more it would be too stuffed in here. The very best part of this party for me was singing Christmas carols. Music pierces the heart, and when you sing songs that you've sung with loved ones over the years, or at least listened to them on cds, tapes and even records years back, it hits hard. Not painfully, but emotionally. I admit that my own tears accompanied a few other ladies' tears as well. Not loud ones, just Silent Ones.

I am thankful. I am healthy, I am where I am supposed to be living in this point of my life, my family is strong and content, my in-laws are on their way over, and baby Fisher has arrived safely. God is good!

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Colleen and Jussi said...

Praise the Lord, and we are so thankful that God is settling you in and bringing back Christmas memories and starting new traditions and memories in the making..we miss ya

Rebecca said...

Heart strings are tugged, you have a way of putting the picture together friend. Bless you as you continue to settle in. Settling in is good.