Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mangga Dua


This visit has been one long shopping trip. One day after another, as long as we're not resting at home (or in a friend's pool) we're shopping. At least that is how it seems. I'm not complaining in the least; in fact I've enjoyed it tremendously, and Rebecca has found some great deals to take home. One of my main objectives with her coming over is that I'd find her a 'to die for' bead store, and we did just that in a large multi-storied marketplace. Absolutely gorgeous beads and stones and pearls, and every possible chain, wire or link you could imagine. We probably spent at least 2 hours in that one particular store. It was kind of like being in a fabric store, where you just walk around touching stuff and dreaming.

I don't have much to blog at this point but I do have two photos that make me laugh. Last week at Mangga Dua we tried on wigs. I kind of like straight, long hair but I don't think I'd like it longer than a few minutes. They were so incredibly hot!!! Rebecca looks so cute she could be the main hostess of a kiddie program. Needless to say, these ones went back onto the reject pile.

Today we went back into Jakarta with two other friends, and went to One Pacific Place, a very decadent shopping mall (just to say we did), and then to a great outlet store. After a run around there we headed to a place that sells a variety of Indonesian gifts, fabrics and clothes. It was a very well-rounded shopping day. It's good to be able to say that Rebes has seen a lot of what Jakarta has to offer, and some of Lippo, too.

Tomorrow is Rebecca's birthday, and we're heading to bible study in the morning, so maybe we'll do a little celebrating there. She's been allowed to open one gift a day, starting Sunday night, until tomorrow.

If you want more details about what's been going on around here, check out Rebecca's blog to the right (Twisted Heirloom).

Thanks for reading.

No comments: