Saturday, February 6, 2010

POOP!!!


Are you here because of the title? Good. It worked; I got your attention. Last night we had the funniest experience in our home and I'd like to share it with you.

Yesterday was a typical Saturday. Chores in the morning, errands (or massages) in the early afternoon, head to church at five. After church we headed to American Grill (great salad bar) and then home. We arrived to a very 'stuffy' smelling house. It almost smelled like urine, and I announced exactly that. On his way into the kitchen Tris noticed some disgusting little balls near the refrigerator, all stacked nice and neatly as if put there on purpose. Almost, actually, as if some large creature had intentionally backed up, lifted its tail and left a rather impressive 'deposit' for us. I was sitting at the table and could see the pile he was checking out, and just in case the 'depositor' was still in the house, I made sure my legs were up around my neck. We've been hearing
some rather disturbing noises in our roof again, very similar to a rat's version of WWF (that would probably be WRWF...World Rat Wrestling Federation), but it would have to be a VERY large rat to leave something so ... large.

It was hard not to laugh when Tris, bent over at the waist and intently inspecting the pile, let out a "what the heck (or some such word) is THAT???" The look on his face was truly priceless. Later he explained that he had "komodo dragon, monitor lizard" and such racing through his brain. Both kids were called to the scene to bend and inspect as well. Rebes was no where to be found. I got over my 'fear' of whatever had been in our house and went to inspect as well. Looking at my kids, I got down on my hands and knees and gave the poop pile a poke. That brought some good 'ewwww's from the kids, especially Abby. It wasn't until I picked one up and popped it in my mouth that the screams of laughter started, and Abby yelling "she bit one! She put it in her mouth!!!" The look on the kids' faces and the laughter was worth every rupiah (a whole $2 worth) and then some.

On Friday Rebes and I were grocery shopping and decided to check out the Chinese New Year food section. We came upon these GREAT looking dried prunes that were covered in some kind of long, grassy spice. They looked like miniature horse poops, and that gave us an idea. We got a WONDERFUL, AWFUL idea. Just before we locked the door on our way to church, Rebes planted the pitiful pile of poop next to the fridge. What a great end to a wonderful day. Laughter. Tears. Both related.



Thanks for reading.
ps. for Rebes' version of the story, check out her blog (click on Rebes with a Twist...to the right)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I read your blog I thought you had a new helper Rebes!You both made me laugh so hard with your adventures and Rebecca's shoe story.You sound like you are having so much fun together and I'm so happy for you. There's nothing like having old friends to share life with. Keep up the good times. Love Mom.

Rebecca said...

how come you are the only one who actually popped one of those poops in your mouth? Wink! My sides are still killing me, oh what a workout that laughter was! The White House of giggles! What DOES dragon poop look like? :-)

magicandmystery said...

I just read Rebecca's account and had to stop by! The pictures are awesome. You guys are so funny. I am sad I am missing out on your shenanigans. :(