Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Few Photos from Grandma Bea's camera

We have figured out how to upload Grandma Bea's photos onto our computer (just had to ask my husband) and so I thought I'd add them to the blog. Enjoy!Mom and Dad stayed with Tris and Sunny (my-inlaws) in Cloverdale, BC on the first leg of their journey. Their car is in T & S' driveway and apparently doesn't even look like a car...it's a mountain of snow. BTW, any complaints about our gene pool, blame it on them:)

Mom thinks this is a funny shot...it looks like I'm lounging while my helper is doing all of the work. I think we were discussing our grocery list or something.

This is Abby's birthday cake...Angel Food!...and we just had to add this photo because the look on Abby's face is one that we see quite regularly. When we were looking through our over one thousand photos between us, most of our pictures of the kids are goofy. We blame it on the combination White-Saxby gene pool.


Here's mom enjoying a cream bath (hair wash & condition, shoulder & head massage), manicure and pedicure all at once. Dad was upstairs getting a massage and I had a pedi-manicure as well.
On the flip side (from luxury to poverty) mom, dad and I accompanied Matthew's class to the Bintaro slums (see older posts). This is the center of the living quarters of the families...they recycle for a living.

Just had to get this really exciting Christmas morning moment on film...Tris opening the 8th Season dvd set of Little House on the Prairie. See the joy and delight in his eyes!!!

Our first night on Lombock we spent hanging on the beach and meeting some of the local sellers. This fellow was cooking fish (which we didn't eat...gross stories accompany this that involve catching fish in dirty water and nose blowing with the bare hands...) and also wanted to be our 'go boy' to buy us fruit in the local market. I ended up heading out with Matthew one day in a local taxi and just bought fruit myself.


The ocean wasn't very swim-friendly and so everyone spent a lot of time near the pool. Sometimes we had to snuggle in a little because there weren't enough chairs.

Our real Christmas morning...Tris and I planned on having on the beach in a little hut but because Tris wasn't feeling so well we had it on our balcony instead. We could still hear the ocean waves crashing and see the blue sky & palm trees.

Christmas night dinner...Poppa and Tris stayed home, Grandma Bea, Matt, Abby & I went out for turkey and lamb dinner. It was pretty good, except when we asked for cranberry sauce, gravy and mint sauce for our meal and they arrived, all mixed together into one bowl. Yuck!

Matt & Abby dancing (???) on the beach.


Like I said, we blame it on our genes.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Matthew is looking so grown up in these pictures. How time flies eh? It looks like you are having a blast with your family. I am happy you got a new lens for your camera. I bought a whole brand new camera with a telephoto lens on Christmas eve....now I have to try to sell my other one!