Monday, December 1, 2008

Thunder Rain Today

As of about 20 minutes ago a torrential downpour has replaced the beautiful blue sky that we've been having. With the blue sky comes hot, hot weather and so the rain at this point is refreshing.
Not sure that Frank likes it though. I'm not sure lizards like the rain...I checked on him and he's trying to hide under a bush rather than in it.




A few days ago Abby was told by Mr. Jonathon (her teacher) that she was going to MC the Junior School Assembly alongside one of her classmates. The assembly is where the junior school kids get their awards and recognitions. Abby did a great job...it's too bad that my little digital camera doesn't like the lighting in the gym, but I think you can get the gyst of what the event looked like. Behind Abby in the first photo is the choir (which she's joining in January!). In the second photo she's in action in front of a few hundred students. I think that she enjoyed MCing; now that she's grown up and can't be a flower girl anymore she may want to think of MCing receptions. Except that's not going to happen for at least 2 years because my single Canadian girlfriends are going to wait until we get home to get married...isn't that nice of them?
Six of my friends and I are doing a cookie exchange and so I made itty-bitty gingerbread men. I thought of my sister-in-law Tanya the whole time because she LOVES gingerbread. Funny how one thing, a recipe, a smell, the feel of some fabric, can remind you of someone and then the memories and emotions start to flow. Christmas will be different this year, that's for sure. Not sure what we would have done had mom and dad not decided to come. Next year, hopefully, it's Tris and Sunny (Tris' parents) at Christmas and then who knows where we'll be. All I know is that it would be extremely difficult to be without family during the holidays.
Well, the rain has stopped just in time for me to go and get Abby. It's neat because rarely does it rain after 3 pm, which is pick-up time at school. It'll rain hard until about 2:45 and then stop. Convenient? Incredibly!
Thanks for reading.

No comments: