Monday, August 24, 2009

Candace has Arrived

Yesterday was a busy day. I borrowed my friends' car and driver (leather seats...mmmm) and headed to Jakarta airport while Tris headed with our driver, Haris, to physio in Jakarta. My trip was good...Candace arrived safely, no extra waits, no spraying, and she came bearing cheezies. These cheezies have spent 4 months in Mozambique and have a rather chewiness to them, but when you like cheezies almost anything goes:) I am trying to find lots for Candace to experience while she's here. We've already hopped on ojegs (motorbikes with hired drivers) and headed to the mall, and today she's going with me to take Tris to an appointment at the hospital. I'm lining her up to talk to some nursing students about her overseas nursing experience, and on Monday we'll head out to the slums. She heads to the young women's bible study with me tonight. Tris, on the other hand, didn't have such good news. He's heading to our local hospital this afternoon for an MRI to see what's going on inside his shoulder. If it's not good, which is suspected by physiotherapists, then he needs to head to Singapore for surgery. I am done with surgery, and if that's how I feel I can't imagine how he feels. In one sense, however, this is good news, in that we can at least see an end in sight to his pain. So far he's been sleeping like a baby, and not the pleasant sleep, but the waking every 2 to 4 hours to get up and walk around, apply heat or ice, and take meds. Please pray that if there is something to discover that the technicians and doctors would see it and have the wisdom to know where to go from here. However, we have the wisdom as to where to go from here: Singapore!

Last week was Indo's Independence Day (Aug 17, 1945) and our school celebrated after the holidays on the 20th. It looks rather Canadian, and as I was walking around the school looking for 'patriotic' photos to represent Indonesia, I found this, and figured I couldn't get any more patriotic myself! Gotta love the Maple Leaf. I still chuckle over the time I was asked if Canada's symbol is the cannibis leaf. Hopefully not.

If you live in the Comox Valley and see this lady, Ruth Fox, in this hot little red car, give her a honk for me:)






Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hey Kim, look at those Cheezies! I love them too. Thanks for the supportive comment on my new blog---I appreciate it! I must tell you that Dean & I always enjoy reading up on what the White family is up to. You're a great writer, in my opinion, and should keep up with blogging. I hope Tris gets good news on his shoulder. Yes, this summer has been pretty great weather wise. When do you guys come home for a visit?
Take care, C.