Monday, August 17, 2009

One Week at a Time

Another fun weekend for our family, but this time we didn't go very far. Tris and I celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary while the kids stayed close to home with friends. We were pretty blessed with our whole celebration because when we went to the hotel to sign in they told us we were upgraded from a deluxe to a business suite, and then told us about a 2 for 1 special that made a two nights stay cheaper than staying only one night! That also included breakfast for two each morning. Not bad:) There is a photo of us on the 15th to your right.

One very important we are missing this weekend is the White Family Reunion. We can't believe that it's the 2nd one in a row that we have not been to. Very, very weird knowing that everybody is together and we are not there. We miss this time with family, especially since it's usually the one time a year that this side of the family is able to get together. There are growing babies and new-to-the family members that we're missing out on, as well!!! I hope everyone is having a great, safe time. Unfortunately we have tried to phone and skype and we haven't been able to get through.

Mom and Dad gave me some money for my birthday, and I carried it around with me for ages before deciding what I wanted to spend it on. Our back deck is very, very small but has the potential to be cozy. Finally, a few weeks ago I bought myself a wicker set, and both Tris and I have already spent many days outside reading (usually one at a time) when the wind is blowing through the yard. I have to admit that hasn't happened much in the past few days because the air is stagnant, but it's a real treat to pretend you are in a big, lush garden, reading amongst the flowers. You can see the white rock garden the kids laid, and are very proud of. The little cement container in the rocks is our fire pit LOL. There are a few more things we could do out there but so far it's enjoyable. I'd like to get a water feature one day, if our electrical system can handle it!!
Thanks Mom and Dad...you picked a good gift:)

Today, August 17, is Indonesian Independence Day and so we all get the day off, including our driver and helper. We're just hanging around the house, trying to book a language school and home stay in Jogja for our Fall holiday, and still looking into a Master program for me. It's nice to just hang around and not do much.

I have a favour to ask of you. When I look at my blog I see a brown pattern, like a scrapbook. Others have mentioned that I have a bright green background. Are you seeing what I am seeing or do I need to find a new source for my blog background?

Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right now I am seeing grey background with lots of circles.I can't believe you got a wicker set on your patio and it looks so cozy!The kids did a great job with the white stones.It's amazing how homey you can make anything anywhere!Family both White and Saxby are missing you too.Thanks Kim for your newsy blog. Love Mom.

Anonymous said...

my page start green then loads to grey with a very light pattern in the background and dull flowers on the sides.However I read it all the time. Love you.

Dale said...

Mine is brown Mrs. Kim ...... So perhaps it is the platform in wich peoples computers are operating. This one is XP media edition and the macbook also shows brown but very little boarders!
Love You & Miss you :)
Mrs. Dale Who is still lost in a sea of boxes ....it's just not as deep now!