Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Good News!

I'm in! Just got word yesterday that I have been conditionally accepted into grad school by Deakin University in Australia (on the condition that they receive my transcripts from UBC by Jan 2010). That was a very long, long wait but now I am relieved to know it's all going to happen. I will be doing a Master in International and Community Development, with a focus on Community Development (less economical/political and more about communication, in a very broad sense).

More great news..Candace packs her bags up in Mozambique and heads our way in a few days. She will arrive in Jakarta in the afternoon on Monday, Aug 24th (Uncle Pat's birthday).

Tris is having a bit of a difficult time with his shoulder and so we're heading to physio in Jakarta on Thursday morning. Please pray that it would heal up quickly and that the deep ache in his shoulder will go away. If something is wrong we want to know.

Today the school is celebrating Indo's Independence Day and so I have to divide my time up between senior and junior school. Matt's playing base drums in senior but couldn't give me a time so I will have to wing it.

No deep thoughts for today. Just a hooray!!

Thanks for reading.
ps. I think I'll just change my background to a basic colour. Then you don't have to look at puke green/brown anymore. It looks wonderful on my end, though!

1 comment:

Chris said...

I like your background. It's muted tones and looks exactly like a 'scrapbook-type' border. There is no weird green on my end! Congrats on getting accepted into your Masters program. I went to back to school last year and am studying Communication Design. Here is my website: http://www.takeflightdesign.ca and if you want to just click on the right where it says 'Blog'. We can keep up with each other that way! How is Tris' shoulder? Hope you guys are well. Chris