Saturday, August 8, 2009

Quiet Week

It has been a full week since I wrote last but it's also been a quiet week. Besides, what story can I use to beat the rat in the toilet story??? Tris and the kids have been settling into school. Matt is back full swing into hip hop and loving it. He is going to perform in about 2 weeks and so I'll video tape it. He is also in afterschool band playing a variety of drums. Last time I looked he was playing the big drum that Scottish guys play when they're in a parade. Abby is officially in drama, which is a relief to us all. She's really wanted to be in it and so this is great. Already a dinner theatre night is being planned.

Tris' shoulder is slowing healing, and he is able to "crawl" his fingers up a wall so that his arm is above his head. As for doing it actively rather than passively, he can get his arm straight out, parallel to his shoulder on his own strength. He needs to use his left arm to move his right arm into a further stretch, so that's his goal for the next 2 weeks.

As for me, I am still waiting for word on whether I have been accepted into the masters program I've applied for. I'm not waiting very patiently though. Wish they would hurry up and decide!!

Today Abby and I got to join the Lippo Ladies and some volunteer Rotary doctors and dentists at a local village. We did a variety of jobs like counting out pills (I took a photo of it specifically to show my pharmacist friend, Steph, that I was doing her job!), organizing drugs, and sterilizing equipment. Actually, my job was to remove the sharp from the needle (which I took a photo of for my mom...she's never believe that I would even touch one of those things). I was proud of myself that I didn't swoon when the bloodied equipment and pulled teeth (with some bloody flesh attached) came over to my station. I was really impressed with the efficiency and organization of this event and was glad to be a part of it. It was a 4 hour stint today and tomorrow we get to go again from 8-2 pm. Unfortunately our main computer has crashed and isn't handling big files, so I will have to upload photos later.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Colleen and Jussi said...

life with you, would never be quiet...love to hear of all the daily little things, miss ya,