Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Finally, some photos!




Success! I have been trying to post photos to no avail. I wrote a nice blog, tried to add a photo and ended up deleted all. I guess that by the end of this I'll be a blogging expert, b/c we learn from our mistakes and I keep making them!


This little green guy is not our new helper, he is a lizard of some sort. I thought that the Best kids would get a kick out of this photo especially, being the lizard-loving family that they are. Abby went out of our kitchen door and when she called me, I was expecting a pile of red ants or something, but this was much more exciting. Unfortunately, Matthew the gecko-guy had just left our house to play X-Box with the boy across the street and missed his opportunity to catch this one. Long-time ex-pats have looked at this photo and so far none of them have seen this kind of lizard around here. But.....apparently really, really big Monitor lizards are wild around here. One huge one ripped thru a teacher's door screen and went into her living room. Not sure what she did, but I think that if it was our house, Matthew would try and touch it and I'd grab my camera!
The little Indonesian lady (20-something) in the photo with Abby is Sri, our helper. She has a beautiful smile but was too shy to use it in this photo:) That huge room that they're standing in is our kitchen. I am very fortunate to have new cupboards in there as well as a new sink. We're hoping to put more cupboards on the opposite wall b/c it's just an empty white space. Our house is full of empty white spaces. What you cannot see is the little propane stove behind Abby and to the right. Our brand new stainless steel fridge is beautiful and clean...and in our dining room. I'm not complaining, b/c it's really nice and it displays all our lady bug magnets for us. I found a 4 pack of ladybug magnets here. Cool!
I'm going to do a new post about our travel adventures here b/c that is what most of you are asking about. Check it out!


No comments: