Saturday, July 26, 2008

What I miss and don't miss about Canada

Okay, so there are a few differences between the country we've left and the country we now call home. It's only been 1 1/2 weeks but there are definately some things that stand out to make this a different experience than what we're used to. Here is a list of things that I miss and don't miss about Canada:

Things I miss already:
kissing my nieces' and nephews' chubby cheeks
sitting next to a fresh water lake with a cool summer breeze on my face
owning a car and having transportation available whenever i need to get somewhere
telephone access!!!
gardening in soft, brown dirt
picking my own veggies from my garden and prepping to pick summer berries
my girlfriends and my family
having craft supplies on hand (and proper kitchen utensils, for that matter. We're still buying stuff)

Things I don't miss about Canada:
black flies...I haven't seen any here yet
grey, cold summer days when we should be at the beach
superstore
gas prices
cleaning my toilets and washing my floors
the price of lettuce...i bought red leaf lettuce here for $0.22!!

Obviously there will be more to add to the list as we go along, but I thought it would be fun to sit and list what i have felt in the last few days.

No comments: