Wednesday, September 30, 2009

No Earthquake Here

I received a call from a concerned relative last night, wondering if we'd experienced the .8 earthquake that has been reported in Indonesia. So far I haven't heard much locally (I'd have to leave the house for that) but another Canadian relative has told me that 2 hospitals collapsed as well as many other buildings. The earthquake shook the island of Sumatra, not our island of Java, and my hope is that the buildings that were destroyed were smaller. Jakarta is the biggest city in Indonesia and has the biggest hospital buildings. In a smaller, less populated location, chances are that the hospitals are much smaller and so are the buildings. That's my hope, anyways.

I just want you all to know we're okay and that we are safe.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, I read and enjoy immensely your blog every week and thank you for letting us all know you are ok. Always worrisome for us reading about earthquakes over there. I want to encourage you as well, God has given you a wonderful gift of writing. Look for more opportunities to use this gift. Praying & loving you from over here. Blessings,the Turner's