Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Surgery's Over and all is well

Well, Tris had his surgery this morning. It lasted an hour and a half at least, and he was pretty out of it when I arrived on the scene. He's got this huge wrap around sling on, and bandages everywhere under it. Once the anesthesia wore off he was in great spirits, especially once he was able to make his right hand and fingers move. That concerned him a bit, but the nurses said he was unable to move them because of all the drugs and painkillers in him. IF he was able to feel them right away that wouldn't have been good. Prognosis of recovery is good. Thanks for your prayers. It's been a very peaceful time.

The surgeon came for a visit in the afternoon and showed Tris a video of the surgery. Needless to say, although I am better able to take blood, a video of someone cutting and stitching my husband was a little too much for me. I was burying my head in a book, just peeking over the top now and then to see what was going on. Tris is excited to show it to his physics kids when they do 'physics medicine' or something like that. At least it's not as weird as my brother Darren's biology teacher in the 1980s, who kept his first child's placenta in a jar of fermaldahyde in the classroom. To tell you the truth, what I saw looked very similar to National Geographic photos of the planet Mars. Bizarre.

I love Singapore. The stores in this area are quite expensive, except for one little 'local' mall right in the middle of the famous shopping haven "Orchard Road." This country is definitely east meets west. Sometimes it seels like Asia and sometimes home. I love to just listen to the Singaporean accent...it's very singsong and beautiful.

We had a chuckle last night when I opened a bar of the hotel soap. It actually had an expiry date and had a line "fat content 89%" on it. Like I'm gonna eat the thing!

Anyways, all is well and we head home tomorrow. Tris and I had a great conversation today about God, his will, destiny, pain and God's discipline. Maybe when I get it all sorted out in my head I'll blog it. I am just thankful, ultimately, that no matter what is going on, my strength and peace comes from God as I trust him. Sometimes I don't want to, but I know it's the only way to go.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: