Monday, October 27, 2008

Blown Away

Don't panic or anything but I just about blew up my kitchen...I always tell Tris there's a reason that I don't light the campstove. Our itty bitty oven is a propane one, which is awesome when there's a power outage...you can still make dinner or better yet, bake cookies. It's not so awesome when you go to light it and, having left the propane on a touch too long, it blows up in your face. I jumped (involuntarily), the oven jumped, and the butane lighter blew up in my hands. Sri walked in with huge eyes and just stood there, checking me over. There's no damage, except to the lighter, and I decided I'd better jump right back on that horse and tame it, so to speak. I knew that if I didn't light it right away I'd let fear get the best of me so I threw a match in about 10 minutes later...my muffins are baking quite nicely now as I write. My right hand is a bit burned but there's no physical evidence...it's just 'burning'. I do have my eyebrows but the hair on my arms is rather singed and curly. Thankfully Tris hasn't left for Tokyo yet...he flies out tomorrow. He'd be upset to know I tried to burn down the house while he was away. I have friends who have had that happen to them and it's sure a headache. So, I know that people are praying for us and today is an obvious example of God's grace and protection on us. You would have better understanding of this if you could see just how small and tight the kitchen area really is.

By the way, we have received emails about our brother-in-law Paul. Apparently he's had a running accident of some kind and he has a broken wrist and broken clavicle. With both arms in a sling he isn't doing much at this point. We don't know anything else about it and would love it if someone could give us more details. Please pray for him as well, that all would heal perfectly and quickly. Thanks.

Did you know that when something blows up it really does go KABOOM!

I had to return to this post and add this: in the last few minutes I've been singing a song, unaware of what I was singing. Just realized it's "Light the Fire Again"!!! I wish I could laugh with someone about that but I'll just leave you to do the laughing for me.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: