Thursday, October 23, 2008

Have you ever had sweaty knees? I mean, not sweaty behind the knees...but sweaty KNEE CAPS??? I went for an awesome, long walk with Dalenea and baby Jayden (we're trying to do this regularly) and by the time I was walking up to my taman entrance, I noticed that the fronts of my knees were dripping. It wasn't coming from my thighs...it was from my knees! I didn't even know that knees had sweat glands. Guess they're all over! On that note, a reminder to anyone who decides to venture our way...cotton is comfort!

There are a few things that cause us foreigners to laugh here, and as you've seen in past posts, one of them is the number of people ("orang") who arrive to do a simple task. Last night we had our car representative show up with some insurance papers (still can't drive the vehicle until next week...processing paperwork still) and he brought a fellow salesman. When they went, I walked them to the door only to discover 2 other men outside, having a cigarette in our driveway. They were all together. At least this time all four didn't come inside like the first time these particular salesmen showed up.

Janet Weeda had a similar experience last week. She called housing to see if a padlock could be removed from a particular door in her house. Housing contacted the landlord and so he showed up with a maintenance man of his choice (probably works full-on for the landlord), along with 2 other men. The task? To dremel the padlock off the door. I am so tempted to make up my own joke of "How many Indonesians does it take..." but I think that may be a little disrespectful.

I talked to my big brother today on skype. Saw his good-looking face and everything! Sure is nice to have skype.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: