Friday, October 31, 2008

Tokyo, retreats & mouse traps

Here we three are, going to watch a movie, and have just been skyped by Tris. He's in Tokyo attending an IB (international baccalaureate) conference, and the kids and I are hanging out at home. Matthew just returned from a 2 night spiritual retreat at a beach resort outside of Jakarta. Unfortunately the kids weren't allowed to swim in the water at the beach because of strong undercurrents, but he had a great time doing all the other stuff you do at camp. We had a good talk about what he experienced and I love his insight on life. Abby built a 'mouse trap machine' according to class instructions (use your imagination and whatever supplies you have available; build a bunch of 'simple machines' to create a more elaborate complex machine) and received 2nd place standing. Tris has met 2 other teachers who are attending the same conference and they spent the evening checking out various places in Tokyo. He's having a good time and is learning a lot. Not much info here on our end. We received 3 pieces of mail last week and that was a treat!!

This is just a post to let you know that we're doing okay and that we are keepin' on.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still have your ha ha message on our answering machine,now it's my turn! Darren is here helping Tyler put siding on his house.I have him now.(at least for an hour a night).Dad and him have been coming home pretty tired.Time is flying by and before you know it we.ll be there with our very heavy suitcases for you!I may have to bring three for you to get everything in.My list is almost finished but make sure you've told me everything you want.Thanks for all the new news!Love to all of you.Mom and Dad.

Sam said...

KIm: Just read your blog..an't find a picture of your new SUV?? Your snake adventure was quite amusing (I guess not for the snake)
Love the pictures, by the way. Re your tenny tiny ants, if you wash your floors with a strong bleach and water solution that should chase them away.It worked for me in Malaysia. I hope the print you saw and thought was dingy was not one of mine!!?? ANyway, it doesn't metter now that you.ve seen the light and like them. Hope to see Dale in the next 10 days or so to deliver books. I almost thought of sending Christmas gifts but I think your Mom already has enough stuff to drag over there.I'll send money in the form of bank drafts. Hope to talk to you soon as signing up for skype and going to look at microphones. Love and hugs to all and head tops to kids. Sam