Thursday, October 23, 2008

Okay, so maybe I was a little hasty in saying good-bye to the Ojegs (motorcycles). Our vehicle is not yet registered and so I did have to take an ojeg to and from my friend Dalenea's house today. No problem because I love the feeling of wind in my hair, but it was a little disconcerting with the black rain clouds hovering overhead. Fortunately they didn't release until AFTER I got to school to pick up Abby. Quite often with the rain here we can wait a bit and then the rain dies down long enough for us to run home. Our economic/moral/environmental dilemma is...when we get a driver and it's pouring down rain, do I send him to go and pick up Tris? We can see the school from our house but you have to walk all of the way around the school fence to get home. Right now I say not a chance that I'll send a driver that short of a distance...but you may want to remind me of that later.

I toy with the idea of driving the main road in front of our house which leads me to various friends' houses. If you were to see it you'd laugh. I can picture Kathleen saying "You've GOT to be kidding....!" if she were to see it. It's really no different than Arden Road or any other city street, except that it's 2 lanes and the drivers are on the wrong side of the road. Nothing to be scared of, except that it eventually leads to something busier and a lot scarier.

I keep having these great ideas for a blog posting but they escape me when I sit down at the computer. Anything you'd like to know about?

Thanks for reading.

No comments: