Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Memories...light the corners of my mind.

Has it been 2 days already? It has been a quiet day here at the White house...family has all gone to school, Sri is still on holidays and I didn't even shower until 8:30, which around here gets to be a little late. What I'd like to do is share a few more photo highlights with you; unfortunately there are some on Tris' computer that I'll have to get on the blog later.

The photo above is our family on one of our last rides on the 'beach shuttle' from our hotel to the beach that you see in most of the water-shots here. Check out how they serve the food, especially when there are fries. Neat!




The music here is quite unique...probably a bit like Laura described to me regarding Thailand: interesting and amusing the first time you hear it, but once is probably enough. Actually, I enjoy it when it's light and far away, but when you are sitting right in the same room you cannot have a conversation with anybody.

The dancing is unique as well. Lots of makeup to emphasize the eyes, which at times "pop" when they dance. The eyes and the hands are very controlled at times look like the dancer is a puppet, or possessed. Kind of scary on a little girl especially, but the dancing is still intriguing.

We were very blessed to have such great company (and I'm not saying that just because I know Alexis will read this...haha). Everyone was very laid back and weren't even impatient with my 'need to move" most of the time. You see, everybody there except me is full-time at school and sometimes busy after school, so I had all of this energy saved up whereas they had all of theirs spent before they got there. Unfortunately for my family they came home refreshed and I came home with even more energy stored up...maybe I'll get a wall painted after all!










On our first day in Bali we went to a waterpark called "waterbom" and it was a hoot! The biggest, scariest ride is the boomerang, and Bruce, being a veteran boomeranger, was attempting to use the heaviest of us to gain enough speed so he could touch the top of the slide with his foot. This isn't really allowed, by the way, but it adds to the thrill of the ride. Last time Bruce went he had a rather large friend along, and his foot went right overtop of the slide, but I think Tris was actually happy to say that he wasn't heavy enough for that (otherwise all of his weight loss pride may be shattered)
Another of the rides the kids tried out was the bungy-jumping where you have 2 huge elastics attached to your waist. They're not crazy about heights but did pretty good!
This one is Matthew doing the 'frog-fly.'
There were so many things we'd like to share with you about our trip, but really, it was a lot of laying around and drinking smoothies and fresh fruit juices. It was the perfect trip that I was hoping for for Tris and the kids...and I got in some good shopping to boot.
Thanks for reading.



No comments: