Friday, May 1, 2009

For the Record...

For those of you who may have read otherwise, a few posts ago I said that I "aided in the creation" of some various types of food. Don't read incorrectly and assume I had much to do with the cooking...I am just the person who answers questions, diverts potential disasters, and gives the odd tip here and there. I DID learn how to make a great creme brulee, though, and so now I need to go out and buy some ramekins.

For the last few Fridays, Tris and I have had a sort of date night where we go out and get a massage at the local salon/massage place. We did this again last night, but had "cream baths" instead. As well, we brought along our neighbours Mel and Johnny and three of the four members of the Donnan family who are staying at Mel and Johnny's for a bit. A cream bath is essentially a head/shoulder/arm massage, and they wash & condition your hair as well. Tris has never had one and, although he has very little hair, thought it would be fun to try it...once. I am so glad he did, because I have the best photo in my mind and I never will forget it. At one point, when my head was under a heater, I realized that both Tris and Johnny were getting cream baths at the other end of the row of chairs (I didn't notice this earlier because once you sit down and the massage begins, you are better off to just relax and close your eyes). I popped my head out and glanced down to my right, only to see both Tris and Johnny with white towels folded around their heads just like mine....a narrow strip around the crown of our heads and folded together at our foreheads. The very moment that I happened to look down at their end, Johnny taking a drink of lemon tea out of a water goblet. How very posh. If only...if only ...I had my camera. I have a feeling I will never, ever get a shot like that again.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim did you do something to the blog page because the background is dark green and hard to see. I don't know if it's from you or it's on our end. I love you. Mom.