Monday, May 18, 2009

Off To Jogja

Again, not a lot of time to write. Dale and I are headed off to Jogja (Yogyakarta) tomorrow at 4 am and so we need our beauty sleep. We're gone for 2 nights and 3 days. Looks like we won't be doing much sight-seeing; it seems I've befriended the Shopping Queen (one of them, at least!). My ultimate goal is to ride another becak and see the general area, which I think Dale will love. She's already seen a lot just by riding arouond in our car. Like my mom, Dale has been overwhelmed at times by the poverty living right next to opulence. It's a difficult concept to absorb and understand; why can't some of that wealth be shared? It doesn't make sense.

I earlier reported that our friend Steve Weeda lost his wedding ring, and it is general knowledge around here that items like that don't necessarily get returned if found by maintenance workers. However, we are happy to report that one such worker found the ring, turned it in and Steve has his ring back. Now that makes sense!

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim and Dale, Have so much fun and shop till you drop Dale.Just driving and looking your days get so stuffed to overflowing.Kim just tries ti cram every bit of Jakarta life into the time she has.You are a terrific host Kim!Wish I was there! Love, Mom.