Friday, May 29, 2009

Some bits and pieces from Dale's visit...Weird and Wild ones


Nothing says more than a picture, and since I am lacking in time (at least blogging time) I will share a few of our weirdest or silliest experiences that we've had over the last 2 1/2 weeks.

The first photo...Matthew and Eric Weeda baking bran muffins in the kitchen, complete with aprons. Very scary experience, but once you got past the salt and baking soda lumps, the muffins didn't taste that bad!

Next photo: when Dale and I were in Jogja we thought we'd do a girls' outing in the evening, and had a pedicure in hotel's spa. Not a good idea, and a waste of money. If you look carefully you can see the look of agony on Dale's face. When she left she had one foot with crooked nails and the other with long nails, mostly because we had the girl stop cutting after the first foot. It was too scary to continue! Not only that, we had to share the red bucket that Dale's feet are in. I like to share, but not during a pedi!!

We had a quick visit to the "Bird Market" and saw so many weird and strange and sometimes bizarre animals, birds and reptiles. This albino snake (python?) was JUST above my head and looking at me from only a foot or two from my face, unbeknownst to me. Dale was trying to tell me as it slithered towards me but I was too busy taking a photograph (which didn't turn out) of a snake eating a mouse in the snake house just below. Needless to say, I jumped when I looked up. Apparently I DIDN'T scream but I sure did inside!!!

We had a chance to take a mountain trip to Puncak with a few of our girls from the Wednesday bible study. It was very refreshing and we had a lot of fun doing 'girl stuff' like shopping, lounging, talking, eating and of course, we watched Beaches, the ultimate chick-flick. Sometimes when we head outside of Lippo, and even sometimes inside our village, it's best not to look out the window at the surrounding traffic. Thankfully we have a cautious driver.

During our Puncak trip we headed to Taman Safari, where we took my parents. It was there that Dale had a few "firsts,' like using a squat toilet and hugging a lion cub.

Finally, to finish off this "weird photo" post with a grub that was sitting/lying/running??? on the road in front of our house. That is a man's finger next to it (not a large finger, but a finger, nonetheless!). Check out the chompers!

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! So glad for you both. Love to Tris and the kids.