Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Death toll rises

This is actually a post script to the last posting, because I just heard of another woeful tale of the demise of a cicak, this time in my friend's sink. As did I, she chose not to wash all of her dishes the night before and she woke up Saturday morning to a good sized pile of dishes. Not noticing anything unusual my friend filled her sink with hot water (ah, such a luxury that some of us do not have...my hot water for dishes comes from the bathroom shower) and proceeded to scrub away the large pile. It wasn't until near the end when she discovered a sad, sad cicak; he was so sad he was stiff with rigamortous and his feet stuck high up in the air. Maybe not the rigamortous but it IS my tale.

I was talking to Dale the other day, who is coming for 2 weeks in May (yeah!) and she really, really doesn't like rats. I am only able to tell rat tales because she knows that by the time that she gets here rainy season will be over and the rats and snakes will have more 'dry space' choices in which to live. If you want to read a few good 'varmin' stories check out the Weeda's blog to the left of my posting. They've had to deal with 4 rats and 2 snakes in the last 6 weeks. The above-mentioned friend with the floating cicak also had a cobra in her garage, but thankfully she and her husband were away; their driver bottled it and took it home to show his kids.

Dale, if you are reading this, look away. Find something else to do because I SO want to write about one of the single teacher's experience: sometime between now and Christmas holidays this particular teacher had a rat run across her face while she was sleeping. Apparently it didn't harm her (she still looks great) but it did freak the living daylights (understatement) out of her. I haven't heard the story firsthand but she was unable to find it and moved out of her apartment until the rat was found. Who found it and how long it took I do not know. All that I care about really is that she had a rat run across her face. Tris is really unhappy but since I heard that story I've been sleeping in body armour and a full, round-the-head motorcycle helmet. It also helps to keep out the sounds of the singing/clapping/laughing (all happy sounds, which is good) children that live behind us who are abslolutely beautiful but keep me awake into the depths of the night.
breathe.
Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok So I can bring my own helmet full face also..... I wonder if that will have to be one of my carry-ons ? Brett suggested I just wear it on that way it would not have to count as carry on!
See you soon , My Friend !

kim said...

I dare you!

kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.