Saturday, March 28, 2009

Photos

I am going to try and upload a few photos in this post but not too many, because blogger doesn't seem to be able to handle more than a few at a time.

This is one of my favourite father-son photos of Tris' Sr and Jr. I love how they're dressed (they never phoned each other first...just showed up that way) and how they're standing. They never coordinated that either. Notice their watches and how they're gripping their mugs. I took one years ago where they were both sitting by an outdoor fire with their chins on their hands, identical poses and similar profiles. Unfortunately that photo isn't on our computer...it's packed away in storage in Courtenay.

This is a photo of one of Abby's friend's puppies and kitties. The litters were born within weeks of each other. Notice that the puppy at an early age is kind of scared of the kitten...and the kitten's ears are pulled back a bit.

I quite enjoy photos of "stuff", taken at different angles and with different lighting (usually depends on cloudiness...). I know stuff doesn't last forever, but you can sure get some neat shots of it:) This wooden wagon resides at the Alcock-White's home in Cedar, BC (outskirts of Nanaimo). It belongs to Tris' Uncle John and Aunt Shirley and it reminds me of my own Uncle Bud and Aunt Darlene who live in Quesnel. Both sets of aunt/uncle are very similar in the way that they see life: as naturally as possible. Both sets have influenced both Tris and I in the area of gardening and doing things from 'scratch.'

Speaking of Aunt Shirley and Uncle John, this is their daughter Jain. This photo was taken when she popped in to our house just around the time that we decided to apply for the job in Indonesia. I love the colour in this photo and how the pullover that she's wearing brings out her eyes.

During the last month of school Tris took his physics class to "Physics Day" at Playland, where they had "homework" to work on based on the rides that they rode. For the first time in 5 or so years of doing this fieldtrip Tris took the kids and I along. Of course you cannot go to the fair without having some cotton candy. My reason for loving this shot (other than the beautiful 12 year old) is the wooden roller coaster in the background. I have experienced a lot of rides before but in my opinion the this ride is one of the freakiest, probably because it is a wooden structure that was made around the time of Noah and the Ark.

This photo of Abby was taken the same morning on the ferry heading towards Playland. It's incredible that it was less than a year ago yet she already looks so much older.


Thanks for reading.

No comments: