Saturday, April 4, 2009

Recent School Events

I've been saving up a few photos to show you what's been going on at SPH with Tris and the kids. Last month Matthew had a piano recital, something he hasn't done in at least 2 years, if not longer. I was a little apprehensive that he'd be really nervous, but he got up there, played by memory (I was very impressed by that!) and sat back down. He may have been nervous on the inside, but if he was he looked calm on the outside. In school he takes a music class, and turns out it's piano. Abby's taking piano outside of school but hasn't had any recitals yet. She wrote a theory exam last month and we haven't heard the results yet.
Abby's been playing basketball. Tris took this photo because I was a little ill and had to miss her first game. I can't believe I missed it.

Last week our school had their annual "soccer day," where the whole school participates in soccer games. There are also carnival games, food, drinks and the newest and most popular, a dunk tank. Tris did his time!

Our family belongs to one of 4 school teams, and we're part of the green team called Merapi. Tris played the part of "Team Spirit Leader." He did a great job...had to yell and everything. I hardly ever hear him yell like that so it was weird in a way. It was also weird seeing him with so much hair...

Matthew would have been a great partner as a team spirit leader...he goes all out with the colours when it comes to being a Merapi. Abby was more into the soccer than the team spirit, but she sprayed her hair (it's green under the hat). I was the mom in the green shirt and hat behind the camera. Too bad I didn't get to wear green hair.









Thanks for reading.

No comments: