Saturday, April 4, 2009

The things we do around here

It's a Saturday afternoon and my family is heading to Jakarta to church. I am staying behind and have read reams of books and watched a good share of tv throughout the week. Soo.... what I'm saying is that I may do a few posts this evening, more for my enjoyment and posterity (I'll bind this first year's blog later) than anything else.

Do you ever read the bottoms of your candles before you light them and walk away, expecting their delicious aroma to fill the room that they're burning in? I do. It says "do not leave unattended" and "do not burn for more than 2 hours at a time." Check out what happens when you don't follow this advice. All I can say is "thank the Lord for tiles floors!" Looks rather like a bloody mess, doesn't it?







We had a visitor to our home last night. He wasn't a very a big guy but he was big enough to have the kids yelling for me (why not yell for their dad???!!). I got out the Bayclin (like Raid) and sprayed him whenever I got the chance. It's hard to get a good shot when you are standing on a chair, but obviously some got on him. We found him a few hours later, after he'd scurried up our tiled kitchen wall (yes, up a wall...I didn't know cockroaches could do that), into the crack between our kitchen cupboards and the wall, and climbed back out again. Matthew decided to teach him a lesson and had him for a nice snack. LOL! Not really. He was dead, on the way to the trash bin, when Matt pretended to have a good chew.
Notice he didn't hold it directly over his mouth, just in case the antennae broke. It kind of looks like the cockroach is chatting with Matt a bit, doesn't it?

That's what we do for fun around here.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Matt said...

thanks for posting that second picture of me ... I look like I cam from a mental hospital