Tuesday, August 12, 2008

cheap tunes!

Okay, I just got back from shopping, and it really was shopping therapy. I went out feeling blue and schlumpy, finally going through what I've been expecting...realizing that this is not home, I have no home to go back to (literally) and I am here for the long haul. I miss my mom and dad, I miss my family, I miss my girlfriends, I miss my church and I miss my dog! I wandered through a hardware store into the paint section (they don't sell paint trays, only the liners!??), checked out the caulking (no guns, just the tubes) and took some paint chips. Apparently here women don't paint, but I think that's not going to happen in our house. I wandered through the garden section and the tool section (wishing I brought my multi-head screwdriver Jerry gave me) and I started pining even more for home. I've had waves of emotion where I miss Courtenay and my old life, but I think that today if someone had looked at me the wrong way I would have started crying and freaked them out.

On that note, there is a Christian music store in the psychomall and although I only bought one cd, I could have bought out the whole store. They had great stuff there, and my Third Day cd cost me 40,000 rp, which is about $4.00. Sometimes I am disappointed by the cost of things, especially some of the food (peanut butter, ketchup, stuff our stomachs are used to) but today I'm okay. Some people buy a Starbucks a day, which is about the same price as a cd here, so I figure that a cd once a week at least will help the transition here. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: